Senior Network Engineer Level 4
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
NTT Australia is looking for a Level 4 Network Engineer to join our Managed Services team. This role is a permanent position and is open to candidates in Sydney.
This role will see you as the Network Guru for the team, responsible for ensuring a managed service is provided to all clients, to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational. You will managing, overseeing, monitoring, investigating and resolving escalated technical incidents and problems to ensure the restoration of these services to the clients.
The Network Engineer is responsible for managing tickets of high complexity, conducts advanced and complicated tasks, and provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems.
The primary objective of this role is to proactively review all client requests or tickets and apply technical process knowledge to provide the clients with almost immediate resolution without breaching service level agreement (SLA). The MS Engineer (L4) focuses on forth line support for escalated incidents and requests with a high level of complexity. Ensures contracted Managed Services outcomes are delivered to the client.
You will also have the opportunity to mentor the junior staff and share your wealth of knowledge.
There are excellent opportunities to expose yourself to new technologies, with a clearly defined career path available
Due to current covid 19 restrictions the role will be working remotely (WFH). Post covid restrictions there will be a mix of office, home and client site.
Working at NTT
- Proactively monitor the work queues and provide support to client where the ticket is highly technical or sophisticated in nature
- Work independently, with general direction from the client, stakeholders, team lead or senior manager, to perform operational tasks to resolve all escalated incidents / requests in a timely manner within agreed SLA. Timely and consistent updates of tickets with resolution tasks performed
- Proactively identify, investigate, analyse issues and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner. Capture all required and relevant information for immediate resolution
- Provide forth level support to all escalated incidents, requests and identify the root cause of incidents and problems, respond to tickets where third line engineer teams were unable to fix the problem. Share such knowledge, to resolve issues, document them and push the knowledge down to other engineers
- Communicate with other teams and clients for extending support. Act as emergency support contact as needed, for critical client and business impacting issues
- Ensure that the shift hand over process highlight any key escalated open tickets to be focussed on along with a handover of upcoming operation critical tasks to be carried out in the next shift
- Support, track, and document change implementation
- Timely escalation of all tickets to management with ensuing updates, where applicable
- Proactively identify, contribute, implement and work with automation teams for effort optimization and automating routine tasks
- Systematically gather relevant information and apply technical knowledge to analyse and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices
- Use operational and diagnostic procedures to resolve escalated tickers in unique and complex client environments
- Coach Service Desk, Operations Center and L3 teams offering technical expertise and pushing work down to other engineering teams
- Performs quality audits, covering process, service experience, ticket updates etc as required
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Degree or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience)
- CCIE certified (routing and switching AND/ OR data centre)
- Proficiency in change management process with an ability to plan, monitor and execute changes with clear identification of risks and mitigation plans to be captured into the change record
- Deep technical skills in network engineering
- Focus on delivering to customers and a passion for achieving or exceeding expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including actively listening
- Ability to plan activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account possible changing circumstances
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work, often in a pressurised environment
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience in implementing, administering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: routers, switches, wireless access points, controllers, WAN optimizers and monitoring applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Network Management including configuration and implementation.
- Proven experience in Data Centre maintenance.
- Strong hands on experience with Cisco ASR, ISR, Catalyst, Nexus.
- Experience with load balancing (F5/Netscaler or similar technologies).
- Experience with SD-WAN or Cisco DNA Center will be highly regarded.