Senior Automation Engineer - Python
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
As a Senior Automation Engineer, specialising in Python you will be part of the highly regarded Managed Services - Products and Solutions team. This team is experiencing high growth mode, due to its critical importance to business transformation and you will be working on a range of high profile projects. Surrounded by a team of high performance individuals, many of whom have been with the business for a long time and have achieved significant recognition and success. There are excellent opportunities for exposure to a range of technologies, training and career opportunities down the track.
Reporting to the Principal Software Engineer, this role with see you utilising your experience working with large scale with Python automation projects for the network, working with a range of blue chip clients.
Working at NTT
- Be at the forefront of developing new and exciting ways to automate and improve IT service delivery for datacentre and networking systems.
- Work as part of a team of automation and software engineers to develop, test, and deploy automation workflows which translate business requirements into working solutions.
- Consult with Product Owners and other stakeholders to understand the requirements and document agreed solutions
- Work as a member of an agile team and participate in scrum ceremonies to ensure the sprint goals are met
- Writing modular, maintainable, testable and secure code following best practices
- Oversee the testing of the software prior to its deployment and release
- Examine any software errors in logic and data to correct the software as required and / or escalate the problem accordingly including problems identified in test and integration phases
- Prepare and ready software for installation, deployment and release into various environments
- Support users of software by providing documentation, guidance and problem resolution
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Circa 5 years of experience in a similar role, with recent experience using Python for large scale automation projects
- Languages - Advanced Python 3, with the ability to write complex coding. StackStorm (or equivalent ITTT)
- Hands on experience with data and integration platforms (SQL & NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, MongoDb, or Postgres. WS-Fed, OAuth2, SAML)
- API's - RESTful API development
- Networking - basic understanding of enterprise networks, preferably working with network automation and vendors and network device automation (however not essential)
- Proven track record accelerating sales cycles and driving early product and feature adoption
- Experience with a range of DevOps and Testing tools such as Git, Azure DevOps, Docker / Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders effectively in an agile environment
- Be focused on clients and outcomes, with a proactive approach