In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
NTT is looking for an experienced Linux Engineer to join our Managed Services team on a permanent position. This role is available to candidates in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
This resource is responsible for providing managed support services to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems, and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
Working at NTT
You will be performing a variety of systems administration tasks including:
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers in production, QA and development environments.
- Configuration of hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning.
- Producing and contributing to documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Be the escalation for any Level 1 and Level 2 issues related to Linux OS and work with senior resources for further escalations and closure.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Experience with hardware and software troubleshooting, service level management and issue resolution
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and its command line tools
- Experience with automating manual tasks using scripting. (Bash, Python, etc)
- Strong skills on - Linux, TCP/IP, Apache, basic network trouble shooting, Kernel Tuning, NFS, LDAP, Satellite
- Experience with managing BIND DNS, Squid and Sendmail
- Knowledge/ experience working with configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef will be highly regarded
- Solid knowledge of Virtualisation (VMware), Storage (SAN/NAS, RAID), Networking and Backup concepts
- Red Hat certified on versions 6/7/8
- Vulnerability management
- Experience in Foreman will be well regarded