Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Your day at NTT:
The remit of the role includes building of statistical and ML models, undertaking analytical projects and providing insights while building effective working relations with stakeholders. As a senior leader, you will also take part in scoping the work and project and ensuring their smooth delivery that may involve overseeing the work of Data Scientists / Analysts and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
Other duties may include to:
- Extract, manipulate and process data from multiple sources and assemble datasets
- Gain a solid understanding of our models and data assets to play a key role in statistical and ML model build and improvements using a range of modelling techniques
- Build data pipelines, troubleshoot data, and script issues and proactively analyse the model building processes to identify and recommend improvements
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models to confirm accuracy of data transformations used and robustness of predictive models
- Document the projects and processes and assist with report preparation
- Promote technical communication between Data Science, Database and Engineering teams
- Play a key role in deployment of new analytical tools and data platforms
- Provides support to client analytics work, and contributes to the production of analytics results packs in each assignment
- Translate complex business requirements and objectives into technical briefing.
- Communicate learning in an accessible manner to different types of audiences.
- Scope the project and communicate with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensure smooth delivery of analytical projects through timely communication with stakeholders and running project meetings
- Oversee the work of more junior team members
What will make you a good fit for this role:
The role will suit someone with a broader skill set and at least 5+ year of experience in data science, analytics and data engineering and some experience in managing scoping and delivery of analytical projects who's interested in building predictive models and their deployment end-to-end and gaining more exposure to property market data
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or science discipline (such as Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar) - PhD will be well regarded but not required
- 5+ years of experience in Data Scientist roles within analytics domain working with large and complex datasets
- Advanced SQL scripting skills and experience with structured and unstructured data in a variety of formats
- Experience with building and deploying statistical and ML models in the commercial environment
- Good working knowledge of statistical programming languages, mainly Python
- Expertise in a range of commonly used data modelling techniques and their trade-offs
- Exposure to a range of ML model deployment frameworks and tools is very well regarded
- Comfortable to communicate with stakeholders, customers, to run meetings and present their work.