DevOps Platform Engineer – Chef Lead
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
[Mandatory global copy]
Want to be a part of our team?
DevOps Platform Engineer – Chef Lead reporting to the Digital Director. This person will be focused on infrastructure design and management in a very technical role. You will be required to mentor and work with our other Engineering team members to realise our vision and uplift their Chef capability
Working at NTT
- Embrace the role of Chef Service Delivery Owner
- You will be responsible for the availability, integrity, currency and usability of this suite of components.
- Ensure they are fit for purpose and operationally ready to service our platform consumers and dependent orchestrations.
- Support our ecosystem of tools and platform processes
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Experienced CHEF engineer encompassing infrastructure design and management. You know CHEF Infra Server, Automate and INSPEC in standalone and clustered solutions inside out.
- You will have implemented a Chef standard and common way of working.
- Expertise with Linux (RHEL) and Windows operating systems administration and networking.
- Strong experience working in CI, CD, CR at enterprise scale.
- Ability to proactively and independently troubleshoot pipeline and build faults and failures.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby and chef development practises with cookbooks, data bags, policy files, Inspec.
- Deep experience with Git and related technologies.
- Experience in SRE, high availability and secure systems design and troubleshooting.