Mid Level Systems Administrator
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
We are looking for Junior , Mid level - Systems Administrators SYD CBD for an initial 8 months contract with the view to extend. You are the primary conduit for the delivery of operational and monitoring activities across the business provided services and the integration of these activities with the other RUN focused operational teams.
Working at NTT
- Perform 1st/2nd level support for production application and system related events and incidents.
- Escalate incidents to vendor or specialist teams for resolution where required.
- Working 12 hour scheduled shifts as required within the 24/7 framework. This includes working on Day and Night Shifts with no on-site support staff (at nights, weekends and public holidays)
- Drive improvements in outcomes that are bound to SLA’s and OLA’s
- Lead preparation and maintenance of Operational Support Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Adhere to all group security requirements for each task and role that you and team are performing.
- Own the maintenance, availability and development of the functions within the teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure managing complex tasks effectively in short time frames.
- Be an enthusiastic team player, results oriented and committed to quality management.
- Drive and deliver to the group’s core productivity values of Huddles, VMB’s, Continuous Improvement and Standard Operating Procedures in the team.
- Deliver and adhere to Service Management processes (which are ITIL aligned).
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Solid background in administering or supporting Wintel server OS and basic understanding of Linux technologies
- Experience with Event and Incident management procedures and processes within an IT focused business environment
- Experience with monitoring in a NOC/Operations Centre environment highly desirable
- A strong understanding of operational disciplines
- Excellent technical problem solving skills and a customer service focus within a high pressure environment
- Experience within financial sector or enterprise background is an advantage
- Experience working on Cloud Based technologies /virtualisation is highly desirable
- Experience with monitoring tools like HP Site Scope, SCOM, HP Insight, App Dynamics, Splunk, etc. is highly regarded.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible working programs
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Group health fund and award-winning super fund
- Amazing development and career progression program