Directory Services Engineer
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
We are looking for a Directory Services Engineer 12 months Fixed term Sydney. The role will be responsible for providing hands on technical support and ongoing operational oversight of Directory Services environment.
As an experienced Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of Directory Services, you will be heavily involved in setting standards for these environments and ensuring that support partners adhere to and deliver to these standards.
You will bring your existing expertise in this area and take ownership of the ongoing availability, performance and best practice management of these systems, providing hands on expertise to the team.
Working at NTT
- Operational Service Delivery for our Directory Services environments, working with various teams..
- Operational Ownership of Directory Services Availability, Performance, Capacity and best practice adherence.
- ITIL Service Operations responsibility for Directory Services environment including Incident, Problem, Availability and Change Management.
- Operational maintenance of our Directory Services environment including our Disaster Recovery Readiness.
- Ownership for Operational standards and practices Directory Services Environment.
- Drive Technology partners to ensure operational standards are adhered to and continuously improved.
- Service Transition of New and changed Directory Services into BAU operations.
- Ensuring Operational Excellence in all activities of the hosting and cloud Operations team.
- Adherence to IT Service Management disciplines and company methodologies.
- Policy and Process risk and impact – analysis and recommendations to Senior Management.
- Sound and logical solutions to address or resolve issues, risks and opportunities.
- Ensure that the culture of customer service and satisfaction is maintained at all times by the team, with responsiveness to customer needs and pro-activity to business and technical requirements.
- Work directly with Hosting Product Owners to provide feedback on the performance of their service and request enhancements or improvements.
- Manage escalations hierarchical and process related escalations.
- Create, Review and provide feedback on documentation as required.
- Provide After Hours support as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the Service Operations and Infrastructure (SOI) area
- Build collaborative relationships across IT to support Service Operations and Infrastructure (SOI) activities
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Highly experienced in Enterprise Directory Services Management, Service Delivery or Support
- Proven Hands on Technical skills in Microsoft Active Directory (2003-2016); Azure Active Directory; AD Integrated DNS and DHCP; Windows Server Core; OMS/Azure Services; Redhat LDAP; Certificate Services and Advanced Powershell. Ansible, Azure and GCP skills would be an advantage.
- IT Service Operations (eg. ITIL v3)
- Demonstrated experience in managing Customer relationships and driving outcomes
- Experience in project life cycle and transitioning to BAU operations
- A strong track record operating in Large Enterprise hosting and cloud environments
- Previous experience working in a multi sourced environment.
- Strong analytical, statistical and troubleshooting capabilities. MCTS / MCITP qualifications desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing demands.
- Strong Stakeholder and relationship management
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously.