Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
NTT Australia is looking for a L2 Network Engineer to join our Managed Services team in Canberra on a permanent role.
This resource is responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational. Through the proactive monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving of technical incidents and problems, this resource is able to ensure network availability and restore service to clients. Their primary objective is to proactively review client requests or tickets and apply technical/process knowledge to resolve them without breaching service level agreements (SLAs). The L2 Network Engineer focuses on second line support for incidents and requests with medium level of complexity.
Your day at NTT
- Perform operational tasks to resolve all incidents / requests in a timely manner and within agreed SLA.
- Identify, Investigate, analyse issues and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner. Capture all required and relevant information for immediate resolution.
- Provide second level support to all incidents, requests and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Communicate with other teams and clients for extending support and escalations.
- Contribute to the change management process by logging all change requests with complete details for standard and non-standard including patching and any other changes to Configuration Items. Ensures all changes are carried out with proper change approvals.
- Execute changes with clear identification of risks and mitigation plans to be captured into the change record.
- Follow the shift hand over process highlighting any key tickets to be focussed along with a handover of upcoming critical tasks to be carried out in the next shift.
- Coach Service Desk and L1 teams for technical and behavioural skills.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Skills, Qualities and Technical Knowledge:
- Cisco route and switch (CCNA to CCNP level)
- HPE route and switch
- Firewall (Cisco/Fortinet/Palo Alto)
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and handle pressure
- Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- AGSVA security cleared - Baseline or higher
- Linux administration (RHEL/CentOS)
- Infrastructure installation and maintenance (compute, storage)
- Up to date and relevant ITIL certification