Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
NTT Australia is looking for a L3 Network Engineer to join our Managed Services team in Canberra on a permanent role.
The resource is responsible proactively identifying and resolving technical incidents and problems through preemptive service incident and resolution activities, as well as product reviews, operational improvements, operational practices and quality assurance this role will maintain a high level of service to clients. Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement (SLA) conditions.
The resource is responsible for managing tickets of high complexity, conducts advanced and complicated tasks, and provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems. This position uses considerable judgement and independent analysis within defined policies and practices, applies analytical thinking and deep technical expertise in achieving client outcomes, while coaching and mentoring junior team members across functions.
Your day at NTT
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Assist in analysing, assigning and escalating support calls.
- Investigate third line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- Provide onsite technical support to clients and provide field engineering services to clients.
- Conduct monthly random review of incidents and service requests, analyse and recommend improvement in quality.
- Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by NTT.
- Proactively identify opportunities for work optimisation including opportunities for automation of work
What would make you a good fit for this role?
Skills, Qualities and Technical Knowledge:
- Cisco route and switch (CCNP level)
- HPE route and switch
- Firewall (Cisco/Fortinet/Palo Alto)
- Linux administration (RHEL/CentOS)
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and handle pressure
- Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- AGSVA security cleared - Baseline or higher
- Infrastructure installation and maintenance (compute, storage)
- Up to date and relevant ITIL certification