Who we are
Viiew specialise in workforce-as-a-solution services, allowing clients the flexibility to augment or strengthen their team with a specialised workforce who offer deep experience and expertise in digital, data, security, infrastructure, project solutions and business transformation. Our highly experienced and skilled teams are supported by extensive training and enablement, ongoing technical assessments and our global network as part of NTT Ltd.
We are seeking a Network Design Engineer-(Fiber to the X) to augment our Telecommunication client’s project.
Based on our client’s site in Melbourne CBD you’ll join our team on an initial 5 Months contract. The ideal candidate is an individual who has experience with development of new end-to-end telecommunication network capabilities and is a subject matter expert in OLT/DSLAM and can test the configurations as well.
- Providing Engineering work breakdown (Epics into user stories), sizing and commitments for Program Increment (PI) planning and on an ongoing basis with fellow Delivery Team members.
- Developing high quality Engineering High Level and Detailed Designs, Configurations and deliverables to enhance, augment and maintain FTTx networks and associated platforms.
- Contributing to the success of Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning workshops, daily stand-ups, team demonstrations/showcases, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
- Performing System Integration Test, Interpreting test results , Supporting First Time Deployments and Operational handover activities, Configuration and other deliverables through to production stability.
- Troubleshooting defects and engaging with external and internal stakeholders for resolution
Skills & Experience
To successfully deliver this project you will need:
- Experience as technical specialist or network engineer in network domain preferably in FTTx domain
- Implementing FTTx active network configurations and maintaining FTTx active networks and associated access platforms for network assurance and service configuration on DSLAM/OLT
- Performing Integration Test and supporting first time deployments and operational handover/takeover activities.
- Troubleshooting FTTx defects and engaging with external and internal stakeholders for resolution
- Hands on working experience on Element Management System for configurating FTTx active network elements
- The successful candidate should also have some experience with Spirent Test Centre
- Performing network upgrades and service restoration
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other senior roles & peers in the Delivery Team
- The Engineer FTTx is expected to be aware of the SAFe methodology for delivery and can work in JIRA and Confluence to capture the artefacts.
- Ability to work under minimum instruction and supervision
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
As well as the ability to commence immediately.
Viiew Consultants are agile and innovative. We work together to achieve great things.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry-leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of NTT Ltd
- No payroll administration fees
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via DDLS.
- And much more
NTT Ltd. is a global ICT provider, employing more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace, and delivering services in over 200 countries and regions. We partner with organizations around the world to shape and achieve outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital, and secure.
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.