Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
We are currently seeking a skilled intermediate to mid-level Linux Engineer/Linux System Administrator to join our managed services technical team. This position is responsible for providing managed support services to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively monitoring, identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems, and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
Your day at NTT
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers in production, QA and development environments.
- Configuration of hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning.
- Producing and contributing to documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems.
- Be the escalation for any L1 issues related to Linux OS and work with senior resources for further escalations and closure.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Experience with hardware and software troubleshooting, service contract management and issue resolution
- Strong understanding of Linux OS administration and its command line tools
- Experience with automating manual tasks using scripting. (Bash, Python, etc)
- Strong skills on - Linux, TCP/IP, Apache, basic network trouble shooting, Kernel Tuning, NFS, LDAP, Satellite
- Experience with managing BIND DNS, Squid and Sendmail
- Knowledge/ experience working with configuration management tools, such as Puppet will be highly regarded
- Strong knowledge of Virtualisation (VMware), Storage (SAN/NAS, RAID), Networking and Backup concepts
- Red Hat certified on versions 5,6 or 7 with experience in Satellite, would be highly regarded