Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
We’re seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our Professional Services Team in ACT, for an initial 12 month contract.
The Network Engineer is responsible under general direction to devise strategies, provision the planning, implementation, and sustainment of a Test, QA and production environment for use in a complex software, hardware and network project
The Successful candidate MUST have an NV1 Clearance.
Your day at NTT
- Monitor systems and infrastructure and provide assistance with sustainment support requests, fix and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor and action security alerts and incidents.
- Maintain and upgrade device software and firmware versions and create, implement, and provide feedback on system designs.
- Implement new IT infrastructure. Use public/private cloud APIs to provision, scale and destroy infrastructure as required. Develop tools that allow automation systems to provision infrastructure without assistance. Create and maintain testable infrastructure, including racking, cabling and labelling of current and new infrastructure.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures. Design, support, and update documentation and standard operating procedures
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- A detailed understanding and ability to design and configure complex IP based networks with a heavy focus on Cisco or Juniper. Qualifications are advantageous, including experience with routing technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPath, etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewall etc.).
- Experience with network security including enterprise proxy and load balancing systems and experience with different systems and architecture.
- Experience deploying network systems that form part of virtualisation solution from vendors such as VMWare.
- An understanding of Linux based systems and how to integrate them within the network environment.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, 1G/10G networking. Detailed experience in CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Experience in IT systems design including detailed experience in building testable and maintainable systems using continuous integration and deployment technologies.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including time management and oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.