Who we are
Viiew specialise in workforce-as-a-solution services, allowing clients the flexibility to augment or strengthen their team with a specialised workforce who offer deep experience and expertise in digital, data, security, infrastructure, project solutions and business transformation. Our highly experienced and skilled teams are supported by extensive training and enablement, ongoing technical assessments and our global network as part of NTT Ltd.
We are seeking a Senior Wireless Network Engineer for an immediate start.
Based on our client’s site in Adelaide you’ll join our team on an initial 7 month contract where you’ll be responsible for design, optimise and integrate wireless transmission networks. The Network Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of the wireless transmission domain including WLAN, Point to Multipoint (PMP), Point to Point (PTP), TCP/IP, LPWAN and IoT technologies.
- Multi Skilled across IP Network Engineering, Communications and Electronic systems including: Radio Frequency, IEEE 802.11 protocols, Microwave backhaul transport and IoT network systems
- Strong history with leading wireless vendor products and technologies (including Cisco, Motorola, Aruba, Cambium, Ruckus, Ubiquiti etc.)
- Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
- Solid knowledge in using industry standard network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, Splunk, Prime etc.) and develop monitoring tool requirements for new services, update or modify existing tools to accommodate newly added elements
- Ability to perform wireless site surveys and produce detailed reports using Ekahau Site Survey equipment
- Familiarity to IP networks (Routing, Switching and Firewalls).
- Familiarity in hosting and infrastructure, virtualization experience using VMWare
Skills & Experience
To successfully selected for this role you will have:
- Minimum post qualification experience with one or more of the following technologies: Radio Frequency, IEEE 802.11 protocols, Microwave backhaul transport and IoT network systems
- Hands on experience with Cisco WLAN and switching products including Aironet radios, WLAN controllers and IE/Catalyst switches
- Experience in performing wireless site surveys of customer environments to determine the pre/post state of a wireless networks.
- Experience in optimising wireless transmission networks and other capacity management practices to maximize return on investment
Viiew Consultants are agile and innovative. We work together to achieve great things.
We reward our Consultants for their skills and alignment to our values with:
- Exposure to industry-leading technology, projects and expertise
- Support of specialist colleagues across Australia and the globe as part of NTT Ltd
- No payroll administration fees
- Entitlements to discounted training and certifications via DDLS.
- And much more
NTT Ltd. is a global ICT provider, employing more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace, and delivering services in over 200 countries and regions. We partner with organizations around the world to shape and achieve outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital, and secure.
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.