Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
We’re seeking Senior Network Engineer , Joining us on an initial 7 months contract, you’ll be based out of our state North Adelaide office.
In this role you will design, optimise and integrate industrial communications networks, as per the OT communications standards and reference architecture, to ensure designed solutions are delivered into operations with strict adherence to the blueprint.
The Senior Wired Network Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all aspects of the industrial communications domain including WAN, LAN, Routing, Switching, Firewall and Telecommunications technologies.
Your day at NTT
- Prepare and deliver in-depth audits for wired communications networks to ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are in place and applied
- Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methods
- Identify and resolve systemic quality-related network design flaws and bugs
- Develop and roll out standards and guidelines for network design and operation
- Develop technical network requirements based on feedback from internal customers, and coordinate with network functional teams to design and implement
- Support development of engineering solutions for enterprise business opportunities including technical and financial analysis
- Act as a technical SME for project related issues and drive resolutions to meet SLAs when delegated by the principal
- Actively engage in identifying and creating corrective / non strategy task lists for reoccurring work to support efficient and effective planning and safe work execution
- Provide coaching to other team members to ensure knowledge transfer and cross skilled training is embedded within the team
- Supports the testing and transition of new or enhanced Technology services as assigned by the principal or superintendent
- Provides subject matter expertise to operational support teams to resolve priority issues as required
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- Strong hands on experience with TCP/IP, Security ,Industrial Ethernet, PoE, VoIP etc
- Hands on experience with Cisco WAN, LAN and industrial switching products including IE and Catalyst switches
- Strong history with leading wireless vendor products and technologies (including Cisco, Motorola, Aruba, Cambium,Ruckus, Ubiquiti etc.)
- Strong history with leading industrial network vendor products, technologies and teams
- Attention to detail, testing and documentation
- Excellent oral and written, sound communication and interpersonal skills